Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

Let me introduce myself

I am a knitter and a spinner. My love of fiber became apparent sometime last March, after I a dear friend Doug introduced me to the wonderful world of fiber. My first project was a crochet afghan (looking back, what an awful attempt at crocheting.) next came a queen size crocheted afghan,( made of wool spun by Doug) for Doug. (Not much better). Next I joined a knitting guild and met my savior Janette. After much patience. mainly on her part, I finished my first project, a pair of socks for Doug. Since that time, I have knitted multiple pair of socks, a shawl, a vest (from my home spun yarn). And I am presently working on a midnight blue sweater (yarn spun by Doug), and a Kiri Shawl using Mountain Color Yarn, and a cotton sweater for myself. I will start posting pictures of my on going projects in the near future. I am now spinning on a Ledrum Wheel, but am looking into purchasing another wheel, and suggestions, would be most helpful.

Jackie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!